Friday, February 25, 2011

Switzerland

So I did my first travel outside of Italy to Interlaken Switzerland. It was really hard and felt strange packing for a vacation while you are technically already on a vacation. I went with some friends through this company called EuroAdventures, there are a few different companys that do college trips to different places throughout Europe. The first day I was there I went paragliding! At first I was not going to do it and just the other girls were but then after they did it they convinced me and it was soooo much fun! We drove up the mountain then had to hike the rest of the way up and run off a cliff/hill, it's probably pretty close to one of the crazist funnest things I've done. But don't worry I was not by my self flying, I was with a pilot who knew what he was doing.The next day we went to this cute little town called Murren its way up in the Alps, it has amazing views, so we just walked around and just enjoyed the snow/mountains, ate lunch, and relaxed. The weekend reminded me of being in Tahoe (an extra cold Tahoe) which was kinda a nice at home feeling except for it being so darn expensive! We thought it would be cheaper than Italy because our dollar is the same as a Frank...that was not the case. They charge about 18 franks for a cheeseburger so you can only imagine. I met a local and was talking to him, and asked what the deal was with the high prices of everything. Apparently minimum wage is about 23 franks an hour...and people get paid salary of 3100 a month at the very least! Thought that was interesting! We all really liked Switzerland and everyone was soo nice. Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment