Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Bologna







Hello Hello... Saturday I went to Bologna with a few girls we took the train there it took about an hour, we left around 8am we planned on staying till 8pm but ended up leaving at around six because we were tired and the other girls feet hurt, I'm tankful I wore my really comfortble boots unlike them. Anyway while we were there we did a lot of eating shopping and site seeing. Shopping there was much cheaper than in Florence and its the perfect time to shop everywehre because they are clearing out their new collections. Its also hard in Florence when I walk to or from school to not stop and buy everything! The town kinda reminded me on San Francisco they have alot of busses everywhere much more cars around then Florence and its also alot more spread out. When we got to Bologna we searched for this coffee shop our teacher told us about that was supposed to be amazing for a half hour then gave up and went to another one and got pizza and cappuccinos. We went to a few museums they are all huge here! Later me and Courtney climbed the Torre Asinelli (famous tower) there are two towers one is actually leaning like the tower in pisa. We climbed 400 steps to get to the top is was a little scary at some points because the tower is so old and the steps are very tiny. The view was amazing when we got to top, that was my favorite excusion we have done so far. Just a little survival tip for when you come to Italy...ONLY USE ATM MACHINES TO GET YOUR MONEY OUT. they money exchange store (they are everywhere around the toristy spots) charged me 100eruo service charge to get money out. wooops!

1 comment:

  1. the pictures are all from the top of the tower, and those are the stairs we had to walk up!

    ReplyDelete