Sunday, March 20, 2011

Berlin, Germany

I loved Berlin. Once again not what I expected but much more. Berlin is one of my favorite cities I have visited so far on my travels. I love everything about it, the crappy part is that I was in this city for the shortest amout of time. The city is very uniquie, it has a "punk rock" stye, something intersting I learned is that some night clubs or bars will not let you in if you dress too nice/facny!! I never heard such a thing. The funny part of this I learned while I was wearing a dress and heels sitting at a bar wondering why everyone looked so causual. Some places I visited were the Berlin Wall of course, and also another part of the Berlin wall called the east side gallery, which is the longest piece of the wall that is still standing. On it are many murals, a memorial of freedom. I also visited an art gallery called Tacheles which is not your tipical museum, it has alot of "street art" on the walls, and alot of unique paintings and statues. Worth seeing for the younger generation or if you would just like to see something different than your traditional art gallery. Cant leave this post without something about food right...Bratwursts are the best!!

No comments:

Post a Comment